Maceration for 2 days
Dosage : 4g/litre
Disgorged from January 2018
The brilliant and deep cherry-pink colour, with flecks of orange and bright ruby red, together with the lively stream of tiny bubbles that provides a persistent ring of mousse at the top of the glass, promise a delightfully fresh and rich wine.
The first sensation on the nose confirms the richness with concentrated notes of blackcurrant and wild strawberries, of liquorice and black pepper. As it breathes the wine reveals aromas of Morello cherry and raspberry compote; notes of figs too mingled with pomegranate, soft spices and toasted bread.
On the palate the wine gives a supple, fresh sensation with a soft creamy texture. Plenty of ripe concentrated fruit underpinned by a hint of pomelo and cherry that lends an agreeable touch of acidity. The mid palate is orchestrated around an elegant chalky-clay minerality which brings a marked touch of salinity, amplifies the aromas and lends a certain vinosity and richness, both perfectly offset by the gentle structure of the wine which brings a velvety sensation and a pleasant suggestion of bitterness right on the finish. The final sensation on the palate is of a well-structured champagne, full of fruit, of elegance and of character.
Rosé de Saignée is a remarkable champagne made with all the skill and craftsmanship of the Champagne region and which offers a wonderful experience for the eyes as well as for the palate. We recommend serving at between 90 and 140 C and suggest the following food matching ideas.
- Savoury tapas and pata negra Bellota ham.
- Grilled andouillete, rings of squid sautéed in tomato juice and oregano
- Cod fillet with tomato and coriander concasse, lightly cooked scallops with chorizo and saffron flavoured
- cream, fillet of tuna cooked on one side, sea bass with aioli
- Salmon and spinach lasagne, sautéed pork with Cantonese rice
- Beef carpaccio with Timut pepper, whipped Chaource cheese served with raspberry jelly
- Ash-coated goat’s cheese or Picodon
- Chocolate and cherry Ganache (non alcoholic)…