“Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.”

Weingut Salwey Oberrotweil Grauburgunder RS 2017

Regular Price
$295.00
Sale Price
$295.00
Regular Price
Sold Out
Unit Price
per 

Shipping calculated at checkout.

options | retail

{"one"=>"Only {{ count }} left!", "other"=>"Only {{ count }} left!"}
- +

Grape: 100% Grauburgunder (Pinot Gris)
Barrel Ageing: 18 months
Alcohol: 12.5%
Serving Temperature: 12 degree

Tasting Notes

Our local wine Pinot Gris> RS <has a typical earthy, tart character, and for a white wine a very high tannin content, which gives the wine a very long finish. The year 2017 produced strong and expressive wines, which we expect to have great aging potential.

Vineyard, Soil

80 % of the grapes for this wine come from preferred lots in our loessial soil vineyards of the Oberrotweiler Käsleberg. The other 20 % come from our Große Lagen Henkenberg and Eichberg, which are made up of volcanic soils.

Style

dry

Varietals / Clone

100 % Grauburgunder / Pinot Gris small berry clones.

Winemaking

Gentle pressing and skin contact of 8 hours. The fermentation takes place in oak barrels of 1200 L without any filtration or sedimentation of the juice. The wood for these barrels is won from our own trees in the Kaiserstuhl and shipped to selected tonneleries in Burgundy for processing. The alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts takes place in the barrels at high temperatures and is very stormy and fast, without any temperature control. After malolactic fermentation the wines are aged in the oak sur lie for at least 18 months before they are bottled without filtration.

Analytical details

Residual Sugar 0,0 g/l | Total Acidity 7,2 g/l | Alcohol Vol. 12,5 Vol. %

Meal suggestions

Fried turbot with citrus beurre blanc and potato puree. Risotto with white truffles.

Aging potential

→ 15 years

Serving suggestions

Serve at 12ºC in a burgundy glass.

At young age this wine should be vented by decanting.

  • Variant: retail
  • SKU: BW_SWOGBRS17
  • In Stock: 9
  • Weight: 0.75 kg
  • Product Type: Unknown Type
  • Brand: Bottle Wander

Enter the content to use inside the accordion panel selected.

Weingut Salwey Oberrotweil Grauburgunder RS 2017

Regular Price
$295.00
Sale Price
$295.00
Regular Price
Sold Out
Unit Price
per