“Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.”

根據香港法律,不得在業務過程中,向未成年人(18歲以下人士)售賣或供應令人醺醉的酒類。

Weingut Salwey Oberrotweil Weissburgunder RS 2018

Regular Price
$295.00
Sale Price
$295.00
Regular Price
Sold Out
Unit Price
per 

Shipping calculated at checkout.
{"one"=>"Only {{ count }} left!", "other"=>"Only {{ count }} left!"}
- +

Grape: 100 % Weissburgrunder (Pinot Blanc)
Barrel Ageing: 18 months
Alcohol: 13%
Serving Temperature: 12 degree

Tasting Notes

Animating smell of citrus fruits, green apples and lots of mineral and floral notes. A natural Pinot Blanc with medium volume and invigorating acid structure. In 2018 strong white wines were created, which have grippy tannins due to the warm year. Because of the long yeast storage, it is extremely fresh at a young age, but it has very good storage potential.

Vineyard, Soil

70 % of the grapes for this wine come from preferred lots in our loessial soil vineyards of the Oberrotweiler Käsleberg. The other 30 % come from our Große Lagen Henkenberg and Eichberg, which are made up of volcanic soils.

Style

dry

Varietals / Clone

100 % Weissburgrunder / Pinot Blanc small berry clones.

Winemaking

Gentle pressing and skin contact of 8 hours. The fermentation takes place in oak barrels of 1200 L without any filtration or sedimentation of the juice. The wood for these barrels is won from our own trees in the Kaiserstuhl and shipped to selected tonneleries in Burgundy for processing. The alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts takes place in the barrels at high temperatures and is very stormy and fast, without any temperature control. After malolactic fermentation the wines are aged in the oak sur lie for at least 18 months before they are bottled without filtration. 

Analytical details

Residual Sugar 0,4 g/l | Total Acidity 7,6 g/l | Alcohol Vol. 13,0 Vol. %

Meal suggestions

Smoked trout fillet with potato salad. Fried sepia with fennel risotto.

Aging potential

→ 15 years

Serving suggestions

Serve at 12ºC in a burgundy glass.

At young age this wine should be vented by decanting.

  • SKU: BW_SWOWBRS18
  • In Stock: 13
  • Weight: 0.75 kg
  • Product Type: Unknown Type
  • Brand: Bottle Wander

Enter the content to use inside the accordion panel selected.

Weingut Salwey Oberrotweil Weissburgunder RS...

Regular Price
$295.00
Sale Price
$295.00
Regular Price
Sold Out
Unit Price
per